(3) Check all threaded parts for stripped or
otherwise damaged threads.
After installation of the fan, and prior
to tightening the belt and staining the
c . Installation
engine, rotate the fan to insure that the
fan blades have sufficient clearance.
(1) Install water pump in reverse order of
(2) Install cooling fan as outlined in para-
a . Removal.
3-93. COOLANT THERMOSTAT
(2) Remove radiator hoses from water pump
(3) Remove cooling fan as described in para-
(4) Remove cap screws (5, figure
lockwashers (6) and nut (10) to
remove water pump (7) and gasket (8).
(5) Do not remove fan pulley (9) unless in-
spection reveals damage.
move radiator hose (2).
Cleaning and Inspection
to remove thermostat housing (5), thermostat (6)
(1) Clean water pump with a stiff-bristle
brush and an approved solvent.
gasket (7), spacer (8), and gasket (9).
(2) Inspect water pump for cracks, corrosion,
evidence of leaks, and other damage.
Cleaning and Inspection.
Coolant Thermostat, Removal and Installation