Water Pump, Cooling Fan and V-Belt, Removal and Installation
(3) Check all threaded parts for stripped or
pressure on v-belt midway between alternator pulley
otherwise damaged threads.
and water pump pulley will depress it approximately
(4) Replace fan if damaged beyond simple re-
(1) Install cooling fan in reverse order of re-
(2) Install and adjust v-belt as outltned in
When installing cooling fan, use the follow-
washers (3) and fan (4).
ing procedures to insure that the fan is not
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean cooling fan with a clean lint-free
(3) When standing in front of the engine, rotation of
cloth moistened with an approved solvent.
the fan will be clockwise. Install the fan so that the
leading edges of the fan will be toward the radiator. The
(2) Inspect fan for bent blades, dents, cracks,
trailing edge (concave side) must be toward the engine.
corrosion and other damage.