INSTALLATION AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
(b) Remove battery tray retaining screws
INSPECTING AND SERVICING THE GENERA-
a . Inspection.
(c) Remove battery vent caps.
(2) Make a complete visual inspection of the
Battery electrolyte contains sulfuric acid
exterior of the generator set for evident e of damage
which can cause severe burns. Always
which may have occurred during shipment.
dilute electrolyte with water. Never pour
electrolyte into water as high tempera-
(3) Open the battery compartment access
tures will be generated and splattering of
the electrolyte may result. If electrolyte
comes in contact with skin or clothing,
(4) Open the control panel access doors (fig-
rinse immediately with clean water.
ure 1-2) and check the control panel for damage.
(d) Fill the battery cells to the slots in
the filler wells with electrolyte and install the vent
(5) Open the generator air intake doors (fig-
caps. Make sure that the vent holes in the caps are
ure 1-2) and inspect the generator vent grill for
(6) Open the generator compartment access
Batteries are shipped dry charged. Elec-
for obvious signs of damage and corrosion.
trolyte must be requisitioned separately.
(7) Open the engine compartment access
its components for visible damage.
(f) Apply an approved corrosion prevent-
(8) Check the engine air cleaner assembly
ive compound to battery post and cable terminals.
and exhaust opening for obstruction.
(9) Check the v-belts for proper adjustment
(g) Slide battery tray into battery com-
partment and secure with retaining screws and lock-
(10) Make a thorough visual inspection of the
generator set for loose or missing mounting hard-
ware or damaged or missing parts.
If generator set is not to be operated with-
in 12 hours, batteries must be charged.
(11) Check all fuel and hydraulic hoses for
loose connections. Tighten any loose connections.
(h) Close the battery compartment access
(12) Check all wiring harnesses for loose con-
nectors and terminals. Tight en any found loose.
(i) After 30 minutes, check electrolyte
level. Add electrolyte as required.
(2) Cooling System.
(a) Open the radiator filler cap access
(a) Open battery compartment access