(plunger installed with small diameter
towards outside of governor). Sleeve must
fit freely into case (69) bore.
14. Install high speed stop screw
(19) to the distance noted during disassem-
b. GOVERNOR DRIVE HOUSING. Refer
drive housing in the reverse order of index
Figure 8-35. Dimensions for installing
numbers assigned. Pay particular atten-
utility governor assembly bushings
tion to the following:
1. Assemble items (30 through 51)
through the bottom of the base (62) to per-
mit rotating the pump gears (58 and 59).
in housing (52).
8. Insert base screws (42) and
2. Press bushing (27) into plate
tighten while turning bushing assembly (54)
(26) with open end of bushing flush with
to insure free rotation of gears (58 and 59).
housing side of plate.
9. Insert dowel pins (60) and drive
3. Press shaft (29) into plate (26)
them down approximately 1/16 inch below
flush with fuel injection pump side of plate.
base (62) surface. Remove bushing assem-
4. Assemble items (11 through 23)
to plate (26). Secure all lock plates. Gears
10. Place the ballhead assembly
(20 and 23) are not timed.
(57) and bushing assembly (54) into its cor-
rect position in the case (69), and using
suitable snap ring pliers install the snap
a. GOVERNOR DRIVE HOUSING. Refer
11. Turn bushing assembly with
housing in reverse order of index numbers
fingers. If it binds, loosen screws (42)
assigned. Pay particular attention to the
slightly and free up by striking at corners
of base (62). Tighten screws (42) and re-
1. Install plate assembly (12) to
rear of fuel injection pump. Plate assem-
bly is located with two dowels secured in
12. Assemble seat (48) to pilot
pump housing. When installing plate as-
valve (49), secure with nut (47), and wind
the spring (46) and fork (45 ) firmly into
slide over the extended camshaft on fuel
the spring seat. Each end of spring (46)
injector pump. Rotate gear (23) until
must be securely attached to its mating
dowel pin on pump camshaft engages hole
in rear face of gear (23).
2. Install new gasket (11, figure
13. Be sure relief valve plunger (33)
8-32) and install nut (8) and lockwasher (9).
moves freely in sleeve assembly (34)