Removing thrust Plate
3. Remove wheel (48) from oil bath,
and immediately install wheel on shaft,
install old nut (47) and tighten to 120 inch
Figure 8-17. Pressing shaft and turbine
4. Allow wheel to cool to less than
150 F and remove nut (47).
5. Using lubricating oil MIL-L-
ble turbocharger group in the reverse order
2104, lightly lubricate the threads of
of index numbers assigned. Pay particular
turbine shaft and a new nut (47).
attention to the following:
6. Install new nut (47) and tighten
a. Torque screw (52) from 30 to 40
to 20 inch pounds torque, then tighten an
additional 120 degrees.
b. Install collar (55) so oil hole aligns
7. Coat threads of bolts (2 places)
with oil hole in housing (65).
(42) with an approved anti-seize compound.
Install both and tighten from 160 to 180
c. Install wheel (48) on shaft and wheel
inch pounds torque.
assembly (60) as follows:
1. Place the shaft and wheel assem-
bly end of center housing (65) in turbine
2. Place wheel (48) in an oil bath,
Refer to Operator and Organizational
Maintenance Manual, and install the turbo-
heat wheel to a maximum of 350 F for no
longer than 10 minutes.