T O 35C2-3-442-2
9. If voltages in step 8. are cor-
rect and the remote voltage sensing circuit
Steps 2. through 7. pertain to stop-
is still inoperative, shut down generator
run relay K1 and steps 8. through
set. Remove wires X29A and X31A from
10. pertain to remote voltage sensing
terminals 4 and 12. Measure resistance
relay K6. All test readings should
at terminals, resistance should be approxi-
be 20 percent.
mately 7K ohms. If not replace remote
2. Energize DC circuit breaker.
voltage sensing relay K6.
3. Start engine. If engine shuts
10. If values in steps 8. and 9. pre-
down when start-run-stop switch is posi-
ceding are obtained and circuit is still in-
tioned to RUN, restart engine and hold
operative, replace control box relay
switch to START. Measure voltage at re-
lay assembly terminal board across ter-
minals 2 and 8. Voltage should be 24 VDC.
b . Removal.
4. If voltage across terminals 2 and
1. Disconnect harness at rear of
Disconnect wire P50A from terminal 9 and
insulate wire end.
2. Loosen three captive studs and
5. Restart generator set and mea-
hinge open control box door.
sure voltage across terminals 2 and 9.
Voltage should be 24 VDC. Connect wire
3. Tag and disconnect wiring to
control box relay assembly terminal
6. If voltage across terminals 2 and
Remove wire P80E from terminal 8 and
The control box relay assembly is
mounted inside the control box on
replace stop-run relay K1.
the lower center sections of the
7. If values in steps 2. through 6.
are met and circuit is still inoperative,
remove control box relay assembly (A4)
4. Remove the four nuts located at
and bench test.
the back of the rear wall, securing the con-
trol box relay to the control cubicle assem-
8. Connect a suitable cable between
one of the convenience receptacle outlets
(J55) and remote voltage sensing connector
(J29). Position convenience receptacle cir-
cuit breaker (CB3) OFF. Start engine and
a. Connect the control box relay as-
position the remote local voltage switch
sembly to the test equipment as illustrated
(S5) to the REMOTE position and place con-
venience receptacle circuit breaker (CB-3)
ON. Measure voltage at relay assembly
terminal board across terminals 4 and 12, 5
and 11, 6 and 10. Voltage should be 120
All voltage values are 20 percent.