T O 35C2-3-442-2
14. Install screen (4) on generator
7. Connect a suitable overhead
with screws (3), lock washers (2), and
lifting device to both generator lifting eye-
bolts and remove slack from lifting device.
Install a suitable moving block
To remove generator mounting
bolts, the fuel tank must be
mounting end of generator frame to support
main rotor assembly and prevent it from
8. Remove nuts (7) and washer (8)
sliding out of frame during movement.
and permit mounting bolts to rest on fuel
16. Place tag on generator stating;
9. Loosen engine support bolts lock
fan mounted to shaft coupling with two
nuts. Turn engine support bolts clockwise
screws and nuts for moving purposes only.
to contact skid base. Simultaneously turn
17. If necessary, remove spacers
overhead lifting device until generator
(12 and 14) and spring washer (13) from
clears generator mounting bolt. Tighten
engine support bolt lock nuts.
b. Installation. Install generator as
10. Install two suitable wooden block,
180 degrees apart, between generator
frame and generator fan to prevent main
1. Move generator as close to gen-
rotor assembly from sliding out of frame
erator set as possible. Remove shipping
during lifting. Remove screws (9) and
Cleaning Solvents are flammable and
moderately toxic to skin, eyes and
respiratory tract. Eye and skin
Stay clear of generator during
protect ion required. Good general
ventilation is normally adequate.
2. Make sure spacers (12 and 14)
Do not lower generator on mount-
and spring washer (13) are installed in fly-
ing bolts, weight of generator on
wheel. Clean flywheel with an approved
bolts may damage fuel tank.
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
Inspect flywheel for nicks and burrs.
11. Remove generator from generator
Remove nicks and burrs using a suitable
file or stone.
12. Lower generator to floor and
3. Remove screen (4) from gen-
block generator to prevent tipping, remov-
e r a t o r . If fan is bolted to shaft couplings,
ing lifting device from generator.
remove shipping screws and nuts.
13. Remove wooden blocks installed
4. Inspect generator shaft couplings
between generator frame and fan. Secure
for ragged edges and burrs. Touch up
ragged edges and burrs with a suitable file,
screws 180 degrees apart.
exercising care to remove burrs and ragged