e. Water Pump Installation. Refer to TM 5-6115-
If new impeller has a protective wax-
like coating covering ceramic sealing
ring, the coating must be removed
37. Fan Hub
before assembling impeller to shaft.
(1) Remove fan and fan belts.
(b) Using a sharp 1/8 inch drill inserted
(2) Remove spindle retaining nut and washer.
into drilled hole in impeller, drill hole
Loosen locknut and back adjusting screw
in shaft until total depth of the hole
out of fan spindle.
is 29/32 inch. Install groove pin so
(3) Pull fan hub assembly from its mounting
that outer end of pin is 1/16 inch
below surface of impeller and stake
(4) Remove spindle washer, retainer snap
(or peen) pin in place.
ring, and turn sealing washer retainer out
(14) Before proceeding to install water pump
of fan pulley. Remove sealing washer,
on engine, remove the nut and bolt (which
bearing retaining washer, and gasket from
had been installed temporarily).
the fan pulley.
(5) Place fan hub assembly in a press, with
The pump inlet cover and gasket are
fan end of pulley up, and press the
assembled to water pump assembly
after bearing and pump body have
from the fan pulley.
been installed in the timing gear
Figure 28. Fan hub details.