(24) Install generator front lifting eye (stored in
(8) Remove reconnection panel and tag and
disconnect cables and leads (except
cables to AC power circuit breaker).
2 (25) Attach a hoist (with bar) to engine
(9) Remove load connection panel and tag
lifting eyes and a second hoist (with bar)
to the generator lifting eyes.
and disconnect cables.
(26) Remove screws (fig. 4A) from engine
(10) Disconnect wiring harness from AC power
front support bracket.
(11) Remove screws attaching rear frame (fig.
generator to base.
3 (3)) to base and use a hoist to lift frame
from base. Control panel doors, rear side
doors, and AC power circuit breaker will
(lifting the engine-generator minimum
remain attached to the rear frame.
amount), then carefully move the base
Cables will remain attached to the AC
forward so the fan clears the venturi.
power circuit breaker.
(29) Lift engine-generator with hoists, then
(12) Tag and disconnect leads from current
place an engine stand under the engine.
Remove cables from
Lower the engine-generator until the
engine is supported by the stand. The
engine-generator is now ready for
(13) Remove lifting bracket from rear of
separating the engine from the generator.
engine with air cleaner attached.
Reinstall lifting bracket.
(30) See figure 4C and separate the engine
from the main generator.
(14) Disconnect fuel line connections from the
electric fuel pumps.
(15) Disconnect wiring harnesses from the
(1) Assemble engine to generator in reverse
(16) Drain fuel from the day tank.
Note. Install two (2) dowels in flywheel (in
(17) Remove screws attaching accessory
opposite tapped holes) to guide the
coupling discs and the blower.
accessory frame support. Use a hoist to
dowels can be made by removing the
remove accessory frame with relay box,
heads from 5/8 x 3 1/4 capscrews.
electric governor control unit, electric fuel
(2) After dowels are installed in flywheel,
pumps, and current transformers
move generator toward flywheel with
holes in coupling and blower over the
dowels, then move generator into position
(18) Remove day tank.
against the engine flywheel housing and
secure with twelve capscrews and
(19) Remove screws attaching center support
(fig. 3 (1))
to base and use
remove center support (with center doors
(8) Insert four coupling to flywheel capscrews
and locking plates, remove the dowels,
and then insert the four remaining
(20) Remove nuts from fan guard.
capscrews with locking plates.
(21) Drain coolant and disconnect radiator
hoses from engine.
(22) Disconnect oil drain hose from engine.
(1) to (17) inclusive.